Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Culture Authenticity

There is nothing really that I would call our generation authentic. I say that because in our culture today, it is mostly about the electronics and that is owned by corporate America. I guess that my generation could call the iPod and the internet our own, even though we don’t really own it; we are the ones that made it popular and so high demanding.
The reason that I don’t think that there is anything really authentic about my generation is that we are all about having the best product or the newest product, we as people are kind of associated with brands, we aren’t really able to define ourselves as individuals because we are so brainwashed with all the ads and stuff that advertisers give us. There is nothing that we can really define my generation as, like we aren’t the baby boomer generation or generation x. There is not a name for our generation yet, but I’m sure that when we are older and there is a new generation, there will be clear signs that we are different and there will become a name to our generation that we can identify ourselves.

No comments: